Post partum there are many physical and emotional demands are placed on the mother throughout her labour. A woman's body generally makes it's recovery in the 6 weeks after the birth but symptoms may persist or develop after the initial recovery period. We can help replenish and restore the balance in a woman's body and is effective in treating the following post partum conditions:
- Post Partum Depression.
- Insufficient Breast Milk or Not Flowing.
- Abdominal or Back Pain.
Due to the abnormal stress that the mother’s body goes through during childbirth, frequently the upper back musculature becomes tight, interfering with proper nerve flow to the breasts. Our post partum treatment to the midback area following delivery, can allow the breast milk to flow properly, decreasing frustration for the mother and increasing the breast flow to the baby. By breastfeeding, the child has an opportunity to receive natural immunities from their mother allowing them to experience improved health. Regular care in new mothers can relieve back discomfort associated with reduced sleep and lifting the new baby.
Symptoms of Post Partum
- An Overwhelming Feeling.
- A Lack of Connectedness With Your Baby.
- Feeling of Sadness.
- Lack of Concentration.
- Abdominal Cramps.
- Back or Abdominal Pain.
- Difficulty Urinating.
Causes of Post Partum
- Physical changes - After giving birth, there is an immediate drop in hormone levels.
- Emotional Issues - Being sleep deprived, or feeling overwhelmed.
Treatments of Post Partum
Preventing Post Partum
Some preventative measures include:
- Ensure avid sleep.
- Always tell family members and friends what you are experiencing.
- Attend group services with other expecting or already mothers.
- Ensure your well-being.
- Do not consume alcohol or drugs.
- Learn Relaxing Mechanisms.
- Exercise Regularly.
If you suffer from post partum and want a natural approach to health, we can help. Our Mississauga clinics have an approach to better health.