Amenorrhea is a disease which is linked to the missing of menstruations. An individual has amenorrhea only if they have missed three or more menstrual periods in a row. There are two different kinds of amenorrhea. There is primary amenorrhea which involves the missing of menstrual periods as well as secondary sexual characteristics such as breast development and pubic hair. This is prevalent among youth due to puberty. There is also secondary amenorrhea which is the missing of menstrual periods in women that have had regular periods. Regardless, one should seek a healthcare provider if one is missing their menstrual periods.
Symptoms of Amenorrhea
- Production of breast milk.
- Increased hair growth.
- Dryness of the vagina.
- Night sweat.
- Hot flashes.
- Weight gain.
Causes of Amenorrhea
- Irregularities in the genital tract.
- Irregularities in the hypothalamic-pituitary area.
- Genetic conditions.
Treatments of Amenorrhea
Amenorrhea can get progressively worse if untreated, it is important to treat it via:
- Supplemental ovarian hormones (consult a doctor).
- Surgery (consult a doctor).
- Massage Therapy.
Some preventative measures include:
- Maintain a balanced diet.
- Maintain moderate exercise.
- Decrease an overload in stress.
If you suffer from amenorrhea and want a natural approach to health, we can help. Our Mississauga clinics have an approach to better health.