A stroke occurs when a blood vessel in the brain is blocked or bursts. Without blood and the oxygen it carries, part of that area starts to die. The part of the body controlled by the damaged area of the brain can't work properly.
Damage from a stroke can begin within minutes, so it is important to know the symptoms of stroke and act fast. Therapy can help limit damage to the brain and increase the chance of a full recovery.
Symptoms of Stroke
It is important to seek a healthcare provider if you have any of these following symptoms:
- Numbness in Face.
- Difficulty Speaking.
- Trouble Doing Activities.
- Droop on one side of the face when smiling.
- Difficulty with Vision.
Causes of Stroke
Some causes of a stroke include:
- When there is not enough blood supplied to the brain.
- Blocked Artery (ischemic stroke).
- Bursting Blood Vessel (hemorrhagic stroke).
- Being Overweight.
- Drinking A Lot.
- Not Exercising.
- High Blood Pressure.
Treatment of Stroke
Strokes can get progressively worse if untreated, it is important to treat them via:
- Medication (consult a doctor).
- Losing weight to become a healthy weight.
- Chiropractic Rehabilitation.
- Massage Therapy.
- Diet Change.
Preventing a Stroke
Some preventative measures include:
- Maintain Regular Sleep.
- Lose Weight.
- Stay Hydrated.
- Do not Smoke.
- Do not Drink Alcohol.
- Ensure Avid Nutrition.
If you suffer from strokes and want a natural approach to health, we can help. Our Mississauga clinics have an approach to better health.