Knee pain can be caused by a sudden injury, an overuse injury, or by an underlying condition, such as arthritis. Treatment will vary depending on the cause. Symptoms of knee injury can include pain, swelling, and stiffness.
Symptoms of Knee Pain
It is important to seek a healthcare provider if you have any of these following symptoms:
- Pain or Tenderness in the Knee.
- Discoloration in the Knee.
- Buckling Knees.
- Unstable Knees.
- Swelling in the Knee.
- Popping noises in the Knee.
- Weakness or Stiffening.
- A Bruised Knee.
- An Infected Knee.
Causes of Knee Pain
Some causes of knee pain include:
- ACL/MCL Tear.
- Overuse Injuries.
- Strenuous Exercises.
Treatment of Knee Pain
Knee pain can get progressively worse if untreated, it is important to treat them via:
- Physical Therapy.
- Medication (consult a doctor).
- Chiropractic Rehabilitation.
- Athletic Therapy.
- Eating Enough Nutrients.
Preventing Knee Pain
Some preventative measures include:
- Ensure a Proper Warm-up.
- Ensure a Proper Cool-down.
- Ensure Proper Form When Doing Exercises.
- Maintain or Improve Knee Strength.
- Maintain or Improve Knee Stability.
- Maintain or Improve Knee Range of Motion.
If you suffer from knee pain and want a natural approach to health, we can help. Our Mississauga clinics have an approach to better health.